Saturday, February 28, 2009

this little piggy

I am about to go get a pedicure. Or as the cool people say "a pedi." I haven't always been this cool though. In fact anyone who really knows me would be surprised that I would even type the word. I have this weird foot thing... not in a good way. I don't like them. I think they are ugly and weird and I don't want to touch or see any one's feet but my own. Well that isn't all together true. A true test of love for me... if I can deal with the guy's feet. If I can touch or stand to look at his feet it must be real.
When I was 3 or maybe 4 I was visiting with my aunt. She decided it would be fun to paint my toes. I don't have any recollection of this and can only go by what they have told me. I don't think I protested but after she was done I disappeared. They found me sitting in a corner crying. When asked what happened all I said was "my toes are ugly" and demanded the polish be taken off.
So here we are 20 some odd years later and I am actually paying someone to do this to me. I had my first pedicure when I was about 15 or 16 and it was my brother's wedding. I was nervous but turns out I really enjoy them. They massage you... HELLO?? No one ever told me they massage not just the foot but up your leg.. I was drooling.
Needless to say I am all about them now. I don't get them all the time just for special occasions. I leave for Florida on Tuesday and there was no way I was going to take my shoes and socks off down there without one. Damn Maine winters!

1 comment:

  1. I love pedicures! I got one first thing in Florida because my Maine feet were horrible!

    ReplyDelete