Friday, February 25, 2011

dangling conversations

.... if you know me at all you know how I feel about Paul Simon. He, in my mind, is a genius. A brilliant song writer, an amazing guitar player and his words are the most beautiful poetry.

Like emptyness and harmony I need someone to comfort me.... This is what his music does for me. Even more so when he has a crazy haired tall guy harmonizing with him. I could be having the worst day of my life, I hear his music and for that moment, everything is alright.

letter to Paul Simon:
Thank you Paul.. can I call you Paul? I feel like I barely know you and know you so well all at once. Your music, your voice is like an angel blowing in my ear. You sooth my soul with your sometimes witty and sometimes grim vision of the world. Your harmonies seep into my core and make me at peace with Earth. Marry me?

Bethlynne

1 comment:

  1. Is he still married to a New Bohemian? If so, maybe they're down with a "Big Love" situation.

    ReplyDelete